Prager Straße 6
Prager Straße 6, 01069 Dresden
Located in close proximity to the WÖHRL-Plaza is Dresden's well-known "Rundkino"(round cinema).
Opened in 1972, this cinema had a capacity for up to 1018 visitors in its large theatre and 132 in its studio theatre.
Until the reunification, this cinema was the meeting place for the young and old generation in Dresden.
Due to the changing cinema scene after 1989 and the floods in 2002 which completely damaged the theatres which had been constructed later on in the basement, the cinema was forced to shut down its screens. The "Puppettheater Dresden" (puppet theater) and "PizzaHut" were the only remaining tenants. This property was listed in 2003.
The cinema re-opened its doors to the public in March 2007.
The total area is approx. 4,600 m²